Cooling Tower Water Filters – 210 up to 300 GPM
How clean is your cooling tower water?
Particles responsible for fouling of heat transfer surfaces are smaller than 5 microns. AmeriWater high efficiency cooling tower water filters remove these extremely fine particles to provide the true benefits of clean cooling water.
High efficiency sand filters
The development of high efficiency sand filters has revolutionized cooling water filtration. Suspended solids can now be cost effectively removed to 1/2 micron with an automatic backwashing filter. Older technology multimedia filters only get down to about 10 microns. Since most cooling water particles are in the 1/2 to 5 micron size range, high efficiency filters are much better at removing these troublesome contaminants. More efficient filtration means greatly improved results with a smaller filter. AmeriWater high efficiency filters use ultrafine sand to provide this much more effective filtration. The crossflow action of the water across the surface of the finer media prevents rapid plugging by pushing contaminants over to the storage area. Not only do filtration efficiencies improve dramatically, but the filters require up to 10 times less backwash water.
Cost effective filtration
AmeriWater high efficiency filters are much more efficient at removing the extremely fine particles that cooling towers scrub from the air. This greatly improved effectiveness allows these filters to be sized 4 to 5 times smaller than multimedia filters while providing much cleaner water. Multimedia filters sidestream 5 to 10% of the recirculation rate, while high efficiency filters only need 1 to 3%. Don’t waste money on large inefficient filters utilizing old technology.
Benefits of clean filtered water
- Cleaner heat transfer surfaces enable equipment to operate more efficiently resulting in reduced energy costs.
- Equipment life is extended due to the reduction of corrosion rates.
- The potential risk for Legionnaires’ disease is minimized.
- Effectiveness of microbial treatment is improved resulting in a healthier workplace.
- Equipment maintenance and unscheduled downtime is reduced due to cleaner sumps, fills and heat exchangers.
- 304 stainless steel vessels
- ASME certified stainless steel vessels are available
- Type L copper or Schedule 80 PVC manifold
- Individually motor controlled bronze ball valves with stainless steel internals
- Centrifugal pump with TEFC motor
- PLC control and motor starter package with single point power connection
- Control panel is UL approved
- Stainless steel support rails and pump skid
- Field switchable backwash source (city or system)
- Improved backwash design
- 1/2 micron filtration for cooling towers
- 1/4 micron filtration for closed loops
- Backwash storage tanks from 130 up to 550 gallons are available
- Service Flow: 210 or 300 GPM
- Backwash Flow: 35 or 45 GPM
- Tank Diameter: 30”
- Number of Vessels: 3
- Working Pressure: 100 or 300 PSI