WATER FOR DIALYSIS
Nephros Dual Stage Ultra-Filter
The new microbiological standards require much better filtration of microbiological contaminants than most dialysis centers currently have in place. The Nephros Dual Stage Ultra-Filter Capsule helps you achieve these lower levels of contaminants. With its 0.005 micron filter pore size, the Nephros DSU removes a spectrum of bacteria, viral agents and biological toxins (including endotoxin) down to the required levels of the new standards.
|AMI Microbiological Standards for Dialysis Water|
|Microbiological Level||Standards||Action Level|
|Colony Forming Units||< 100 CFU/mL||≥ 50 CFU/mL|
|Endotoxin Units||< 0.25 EU/mL||≥ 0.125 EU/mL|
- This final filter withstands multiple disinfection cycles without degrading the fibers.
- Acts as a firewall for the patient by blocking microbiological contaminants like no other filter of this nature can
- Provides up to 12 months of performance life in frequent use
- Proven durability combined with safety and reliability of true redundant ultra-filtration
- FDA 510K Cleared for Dialysis Market
For use with Portable RO’s
Some portable RO’s have bacteria build up due to infrequent use. The Nephros DSU provides additional security in an acute setting to ensure the highest quality water for the patient.
For use with Individual Dialysis Stations
Endotoxin and/or bacteria can colonize in the RO water loop. The Nephros at each wall box is a final safeguard to ensure that the water going to the dialysis machine is ultra-pure.